- Computer Vision is an interdisciplinary field that deals with how computers cn be made to gain high-level understanding from digitl images or videos.
- Computers use this concept to automte tasks which human visual system can do.
- It involves the development of a theoretical and algorithmic basis to achieve automatic visual understanding.
- As a scientific discipline, computer vision is concerned with the theory behind artificial systems that extract information from images.
- The image data can take many forms, such as video sequences, views from multiple cameras, or multi-dimensional data from a medical scanner.
- As a technological discipline, computer vision seeks to apply its theories and models for the construction of computer vision systems.
- OpenCV is an image processing library used to implement Computer Vision.
- OpenCV cn be progrmmed in C/C++/Python and available for Linux as well as for Windows and Mac.
- It is open source and free and eay to use and install.
- OpenCV with python presents an array of unique features and tools along with amazing library support.
- That is how we intend to use OpenCV in the upcoming series.