- Computer Vision is an interdisciplinary field that deals with how computers cn be made to gain high-level understanding from digitl images or videos.
- Computers use this concept to automte tasks which human visual system can do.
- It involves the development of a theoretical and algorithmic basis to achieve automatic visual understanding.
- As a scientific discipline, computer vision is concerned with the theory behind artificial systems that extract information from images. The image data can take many forms, such as video sequences, views from multiple cameras, or multi-dimensional data from a medical scanner.
- As a technological discipline, computer vision seeks to apply its theories and models for the construction of computer vision systems.
- OpenCV is an image processing library used to implement Computer Vision.
- OpenCV cn be progrmmed in C/C++/Python and available for Linux as well as for Windows and Mac.
- It is open source and free and eay to use and install.
- OpenCV with python presents an array of unique features and tools along with amazing library support. That is how we intend to use OpenCV in the upcoming series.